Write by massman
I recently got some interesting files in my mailbox. It was the Nvidia GTX Titan modification guide. I've taken the information from the guide and added the modification notes to a real picture (by TechpowerUp) so everyone can enjoy modifying their GTX Titan graphics card!
!! DISCLAIMER: ALL MODIFICATIONS ARE ON YOU RISK. THE INFORMATION IS GIVEN AS IS, NEITHER HWBOT NOR MYSELF WILL HOLD ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE THINGS GO WRONG. IF YOU'RE UNSURE ABOUT THE MODIFICATIONS, DON'T DO THEM. THIS IS THE GUIDE FROM NVIDIA MODIFIED FOR YOU TO USE. !!
Also, please be aware that the reference VRM design by Nvidia is really weak once you start overclocking. As Rbuass mentioned earlier, his card died at a mere 1.46V Vgpu! If you want to go extreme, you should look into your own zombie vrm.
These are the modifications that are on the pictures:
- GPU (NVVDD) Voltage Measurement
- GPU (NVVDD) OverCurrent Override
- GPU (NVVDD) OverVoltage
- GPU (NVVDD) Coldslow / shutdown
- GPU Core Clock Range Shift Up
- Memory (FBVDD/Q) Voltage Measurement
- Memory (FBVDD/Q) OverVoltage
- PLL Voltage Measurement
Front and back pics (click for high-res version):
- version 80.10.2C.00.00 = engineering bios
- version 80.10.2C.00.02 = retail bios
With this bios you will have power limit raised to +300%, also for air cooling. Beware ... this is an engineering BIOS for a reason!